I wasn't even planning on posting this recipe, but it's so incredible that I have to share it. I'd love for you to enjoy it as much as we do! After trying ribs a hundred ways, these are the best we've ever made - the most flavorful and ridiculously tender. I call them "rainy day ribs" because they don't involve a grill at all. If you're thinking, "What's a rib without a grill?" - just try these one time! Love.
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Rainy Day BBQ Ribs
By: Little Mommy
Serves 2-4 people
1 rack of baby back pork ribs (2-3 pounds)
3 tbsp. water
1 sweet onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, sliced
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. cayenne
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients (from brown sugar to cayenne) in a small bowl.
2. Cut the slab of ribs into groups of 2-3.
3. Rub the dry rub onto the meat side of the ribs. (You may want to do this the night before to get even more flavor.)
4. Put the water, onions, and garlic into the slow cooker.
5. Stand the ribs up in the slow cooker, with the meat side touching the sides of the slow cooker.
6. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
7. After 8 hours, line a baking pan with aluminum foil and turn the broiler on low.
8. Place the ribs on the pan, cover with barbecue sauce, and broil for a few minutes.
(*You may choose to put them on the grill instead of in the broiler...but, only if it isn't rainy!)
Thanks for reading! xo