Monday, April 9, 2012

Jalapeno and Cheese Grilled Potatoes


As if I haven't posted enough potato recipes...  but this one's a "summer" recipe, so that's different, right?  When I say "summer" recipe, I'm not talking healthy ... I'm talking about the grill (which, in our case, is actually any time of the year).  This definitely isn't a healthy recipe.  I will say, however, that it's worth every ounce of butter!  I found this recipe a year (or more) ago in a Kroger booklet and we've been in love ever since!  I majorly cut down the amount of butter, and cheese - and it still has all of the great flavor!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xoxo,


Grilled Jalapeno and Cheese Potatoes
Recipe courtesy of Kroger and adapted by Little Mommy
Serves 4

4-5 medium russet potatoes
1 small sweet onion, sliced
1 red pepper, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
2 tbsp. butter (sliced thin)
1/2 c. cheddar cheese
1/2 c. pepper jack


1.  Wash and thinly slice 4-5 medium russet potatoes and place them into a bowl.
2.  Add the onions and peppers into the bowl.
3.  Add the spices and mix well.
4.  Spray a long piece of tin foil with nonstick spray.
5.  Spread the potato mixture onto the aluminum foil in a thin layer.
6.  Top with butter and cheeses (missing the cheese in the picture).
7.  Place another piece of tin foil over the top and roll the sides so that it is like a closed package.
8.  Place on the grill over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes.  Check to make sure they don't burn.  

If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to follow my Facebook page, subscribe to my feed, pin my pictures, or follow me on GFC.  Thanks a million!  xoxo

6 comments:

Unknown said...

ok let me just say that I LOVE me some potatoes anyway they are fixed and this looks SO yummy!! Thanks for sharing and for linking up for Tasty Tuesday!! Blessings

carolinaheartstrings said...

Those potatoes look terrific. I cannot wait to make this recipe. Come and visit us. We have some wonderful things to share this week.

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

Yum, these potatoes look delicious. I bet they are full of flavor!

Janie said...

I am so so so so (x 8 billion) happy you linked these up to Tasty Thursday and I cannot wait to tell my husband about them! :) We make cheesy bacon potato packets for the grill all the time. All our friends rave about them. But my husband and I are jalapeno monsters and I had never thought to do jalapeno cheesy potatoes!! :)

Miz Helen said...

This potato dish looks awesome, I just love your combination of flavor! Hope you are having a wonderful Spring day. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a wonderful week end and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Come Back Soon,
Miz Helen