Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Bacon


Please tell me that I'm not the only one with a cabbage obsession?  I love cabbage.  I thought one of the only ways to truly enjoy it was to simmer it in a richly flavored soup or shred it in a summery slaw... until I tried this recipe.  I never thought of eating it as a side.  I'm a fan of almost any veggie roasted in the oven and this one surely didn't disappoint.
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xo,

Roasted Cabbage Wedges with Bacon
Recipe adapted from: Green Lite Bites

Makes 6 wedges


1/2 head of green cabbage
2 tsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. chopped bacon
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
1.  Slice the cabbage into wedges and place each one on a separate piece of aluminum foil. 
2.  Combine all of the remaining ingredients in a small dish.
3.  Brush the ingredients onto the cabbage wedges.
4.  Wrap each cabbage wedge up in a tin foil "pocket".
5.  Set the wrapped wedges on a cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.  
Enjoy!

Click here to see where I shared this recipe.

Thanks for reading, loves xo

3 comments:

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

I love cabbage! I have never thought of roasting either. I usually eat it in soup and coleslaw also. This looks fantastic, I am going to have to try this recipe.

Carolina HeartStrings said...

Love your blog. Very nice. This recipe looks fantastic and so easy. Just what I love. Please visit us. We would love to have you and we are having a great giveaway this week. Register to win - it is under the Televenge post!

Miz Helen said...

We love Cabbage,and your Roasted Cabbage looks wonderful. Hope you are having a great fall weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen