I adore these! They are the sweeter, but still spicy "sibling" of this yummy recipe. Every time I make these I can't believe how crispy they are ... absolutely no reason to fry these healthy little bites! Enjoy!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Crispy Baked Ancho Chile Chicken Bites
Serves 4 people
2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breast tenderloins chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 egg whites
1/2 c. barbecue sauce
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1 c. smashed Special K cereal
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ancho chile powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl mix the egg whites and barbecue sauce well.
3. In another small bowl, mix the bread crumbs, cereal, and spices.
4. Place a portion of the chicken pieces into the bowl of barbecue sauce and poke them with a fork as you toss them with the mixture.
5. Then, place the chicken pieces in the other small bowl and coat them with the bread crumb mixture.
6. Place the bites on the baking sheet.
7. Repeat this process until all bites are prepared.
|(It makes way more than this!)|
8. Bake on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Serve with extra barbecue sauce, or ranch for dipping!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, pin my pictures, follow me on GFC, or subscribe to my feed! Thanks a million! xoxo
Also, check out Torrie's blog: Blessed Beyond Measure!