Saturday, July 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challenge: Pan-Fried Breaded Chicken Breasts for Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches

I'm not the biggest fan of making fried chicken.  I'll eat it ... without a doubt ... but I've only prepared it a handful of times because it is so messy.  Obviously, I'm not a fan of deep-frying - as yummy as a deep-fried-anything might taste.  So, for this month's Crazy Cooking Challenge, I decided to go with a recipe for pan-frying chicken breast from The Nourishing Cook.  I couldn't wait to incorporate it into something I've been craving like crazy - a chicken parmesan sandwich.  It was ... heaven.  Total sandwich bliss.  I was sighing the whole time I ate ... seriously.
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xoxo,

Pan-Fried Breaded Chicken Breasts
Recipe adapted from:  The Nourishing Cook
Makes 6-8 piece of chicken

3 or 4 very thinly sliced chicken breasts 
(Perdue Thin-Cut then cut in half - the size of a deck of cards)
2 eggs
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
dash of red pepper flakes
1 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. shredded parmesan
2-3 tbsp. olive oil

For Sandwiches:
1 loaf of Italian bread
Marinara
Parmigiano Reggiano 

1.  In a large frying pan, heat the oil.
2.  In a small bowl, mix the flour, pepper, salt, and seasonings.
3.  In another small bowl, crack the eggs and mix.
4.  In the last small bowl, mix the bread crumbs and parmesan.
5.  Dip the chicken breast pieces in the flour mixture, then egg, and finally the bread crumb mixture.
6.  Place the chicken in the pan and cook about 7 minutes per side.


To make the sandwiches:
7.  Slice the Italian bread and hollow out the bread from the middle.
8.  Toast the bread in the oven.
9.  Place sauce on the bread, then the chicken, and top with more sauce and freshly prated parm.


Thanks for reading! xo


Photobucket

7 comments:

Lisa~~ said...

Your chicken parm sandwich looks gorgeous, what a wonderful way to enjoy fried chicken.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry Copycat "KFC" Original Recipe Fried Chicken

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Jen @JuanitasCocina said...

This chicken looks fabulous! I love that you put it in a sandwich!

#46

Lesa @Edesias Notebook said...

I love the Italian twist. Those sandwiches look great!

#32

Unknown said...

This sandwich looks really yummy. Our family eats meals like this on the weekend and I think they would enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

Your Chicken Parmesan sandwich look so yummy. Such a great idea! I am going to pin this to make at a later time.

DCG said...

Great recipe! Will have to keep my eye for those thin sliced chicken breasts.

#19

Melissa said...

What a fantastic looking sandwich! Great SRC pick!

I'm CCC #10 :)