I love each and every month of Tina's Crazy Cooking Challenge! I especially love the blueberry muffin challenge ... what a great excuse to eat something dessert-like for breakfast! I combined two recipes that I found on two amazing blogs: I used For the Love of Cooking's muffin recipe, and then I added Handle the Heat's streusel topping. Amazing!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Blueberry Banana Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Make 12 large muffins
1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 mashed, ripe banana
1 c. fresh blueberries
3/4 c. fresh raspberries
2 tbsp. softened butter
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients - sugars, egg, oil, yogurt, vanilla, banana, and half of each berry measurement.
4. Add the bowl of wet ingredients into the larger bowl and combine the ingredients.
5. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
6. Pour the batter into the muffin tin, then take the rest of the berries and push them into the tops of the muffins.
7. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients with a fork, and sprinkle on top of the muffin batter.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to follow my Facebook page, pin my pictures, subscribe to my feed, or follow me on GFC! Thanks a million! xoxo