Saturday, April 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challenge: Blueberry Banana Raspberry Streusel Muffins


I love each and every month of Tina's Crazy Cooking Challenge!  I especially love the blueberry muffin challenge ... what a great excuse to eat something dessert-like for breakfast!  I combined two recipes that I found on two amazing blogs:  I used For the Love of Cooking's muffin recipe, and then I added Handle the Heat's streusel topping.  Amazing!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xoxo,


Blueberry Banana Raspberry Streusel Muffins
Recipes adapted from:  For the Love of Cooking and Handle the Heat

Make 12 large muffins

1 3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 mashed, ripe banana
1 c. fresh blueberries
3/4 c. fresh raspberries

Topping:
2 tbsp. softened butter
2 tbsp. flour
2 tbsp. brown sugar

1.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2.  In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3.  In a small bowl, mix the wet ingredients - sugars, egg, oil, yogurt, vanilla, banana, and half of each berry measurement.
4.  Add the bowl of wet ingredients into the larger bowl and combine the ingredients. 
5.  Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
6.  Pour the batter into the muffin tin, then take the rest of the berries and push them into the tops of the muffins. 
7.  In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients with a fork, and sprinkle on top of the muffin batter.
8.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes. 

If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to follow my Facebook page, pin my pictures, subscribe to my feed, or follow me on GFC!  Thanks a million!  xoxo

Photobucket

27 comments:

Kate said...

Looks good Kim!!! I can't wait to see all the recipes this month!

Teri said...

Loving your recipe mix. They not only sound delicious with the berries and banana, but they look beautiful!

Kristin said...

I love that you used two berries with a streusel topping! Delish!
#20

DCG said...

What a great idea to combine the two recipes. I'm also a huge fan of Pam's (For the Love of Cooking)!

Jen @ Juanita's Cocina said...

I love how you combined two different recipes! This looks SO good!

#65

Jennifer said...

Wow those look delicious!

Jen #35

Carrie said...

These look really good! Especially with the two types of berries!

Carrie #22

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips said...

These sound so tasty! Hope you'll check out mine, #73.

Robyn said...

Little Mommy,

I like all the fruit in your muffins. I also like using vanilla yogurt in my baking.

Ranch Wife #87

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies said...

Those look great. I love seeing what you add to the CCC every month!

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies said...

Those look great. I love seeing what you add to the CCC every month!

Alison said...

These look great! I will have to make them sometime.
#55

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl said...

These look great! I love all of the different berries!

Janie said...

Oh my word!! I cannot wait to tyr these. I love that they have 2 berries AND bananas in them AND streusel. That sounds like a killer combo :)

Stopping by from CCC #28
{I stumbled, pinned, tweeted, and FB shared your recipe!}

Loy said...

Since I am not fond of blueberries, I sat this challenge out. But if I was going to eat a muffin with blueberries in it, this would be the one. I do like raspberries and bananas, and streusel topping so this may just give this a try. By the way, I am making roasted potato stacks again tonight. I am in love with that recipe. Thanks for all you share. Have a great Easter.

Unknown said...

wow, I love all the fruit in these, will be trying this one!

Andi said...

I will have a muffin please! thanks andi

Lisa~~ said...

I love the variety of fruit, great sounding muffins.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my CCC entry: #11 Skinny Blueberry Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins..

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Unknown said...

Love this fruity muffin! CCC#94

Unknown said...

Oh yum, these look great!
I’m # 6 with the Blueberry Apple Crisp Muffins {with cream cheese filling!}

Unknown said...

These muffins look really good. I like all the fruit in them and how some of it is pressed into the top. Stopping by from CCC #41.

A Scientist in the Kitchen said...

I love the streusel part!

Gay, CCC#24

Melissa said...

What a fantastic fruit-filled muffin! I can't wait to try this one!

I'm visiting from #42 :)

A Beer for the Shower said...

Are there really that many different blueberry muffin recipes? I'm on berry overload right now. Looks delicious!

Zoe said...

As I was reading your post, my son kept telling me that he wants to eat these muffins :D

Love your all yummy mummy cooking. I'm your latest follower :D

The Daily Smash said...

Yummy these look great. What a good choice.

#38 CCC

Have a great day

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

I love your muffins. I love the fruit combination that goes into these and the topping always make things better.