I double, wait quadruple love this recipe, let me count the ways....
1. It is a legitimate ONE POT meal. I love one pot meals, but don't have many of them (to my husband's dismay - he often washes my many dishes).
2. This meal is so quick and easy to prepare - the fastest meal I've made in weeks!
3. It is one of the BEST pasta dishes I've ever made. True story.
4. There are a million possible variations to this recipe, and each one can be just as delish!
WHY have I never made spaghetti like this before? I don't know that I will ever boil a pot of noodles again. Preparing spaghetti this way gave the noodles SO much flavor. I love it. I love it. I love it.
Thank you Jennifer, from Jenny's Cookbook (also a Crazy Cooking Challenge participant) for this amazing recipe.
Spaghetti - Risotto Style
Adapted from: Jennifer at Jenny's Cookbook
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 servings of dry spaghetti, broken (2 cups)
1 roasted red pepper, chopped
3 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
red pepper flakes
chicken stock (amount varies)
your favorite pasta sauce (I used Emeril's Chunky Marinara)
freshly grated parmesan
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan.
2. Add the onions and cook until tender.
3. Add the garlic and dry noodles.
4. Add the peppers, tomatoes, and spices.
5. Add one cup of chicken stock and stir until it is absorbed.
6. Add one cup of pasta sauce and another cup of chicken stock and stir until absorbed.
7. Continue to add desired amount of stock and pasta sauce (taste often while cooking to test sauce, as well as to be sure noodles do not become overcooked).
8. When noodles are tender (in about 10 minutes), remove the pan from the heat and top with parmesan.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, pin my pictures, subscribe to my feed, or follow me on GFC! Thanks a million! xoxo