Orzo is my absolute favorite and because it's so small, I like to pretend that it doesn't really count as pasta ... I can eat as much as I want. That would be amazing, right? Try this simple side dish - it's crazy good and worth each and every carb.
Best dishes and yummy dreams...
Mushroom and Sweet Pea Orzo
1 c. sliced mushrooms
1 sliced sweet onion
1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
1 c. orzo
4 c. chicken stock (divided into 1 c. at a time)
1/4 c. white wine
1/2 c. peas
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Romano cheese, grated
1. In a large sauce pan, saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil.
2. Once the mushrooms and onions are tender, add the garlic and saute for a minute longer.
3. Add the dry orzo and toss in the pan for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add one cup of chicken stock, stir and allow the liquid to absorb.
5. Add the next cup of stock and repeat until all of the stock has been added.
6. Finally, add the peas and white wine. Stir to combine and heat.
7. Add the salt, pepper, and desired amount of Romano cheese.
Enjoy! Especially with this yummy main dish.
Thanks for reading, loves xo
Click here to see where I shared this recipe.