Best (holiday) dishes and yummy (turkey) dreams!
Parmesan Stuffing Muffins
Makes approximately 8 muffins
3-4 c. bread, cubed (I used a combination of a multigrain baguette and a white artisan loaf)
1/2 c. onion, diced
1/2 c. celery, diced
optional: 1/2 c. diced mushrooms
1 Tbsp. olive oil, or butter
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp. salt, pepper
optional: fresh herbs of your choice
1 1/2 - 2 c. chicken stock
1/3 - 1/2 c. parmesan, shredded
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Spread the bread crumbs out on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven until they are dry.
2. Place the bread crumbs in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a small pan, saute the onion, celery, and mushrooms in butter or olive oil until tender.
4. Add the onion mixture to the bowl of bread cubes.
5. Sprinkle the seasonings and herbs over the bread mixture.
6. Add the stock and cheese. Mash the ingredients with your hands to be sure the bread soaks up the liquid and the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
7. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
8. Take a handful of the mixture and press it firmly down into the muffin tin.
9. Repeat until all of the mixture is inside of the muffin tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are crispy and browned.
Enjoy alone or with gravy!
Click here to see where I shared this recipe.
Thanks for reading, loves xo