I have a slight obsession with salsa verde recently. I was on a mission to use it to make a little savory treat, but I gave myself the extra challenge of making it meatless. Love these! I didn't measure exactly, so adjust as needed (especially the salsa to control the "wetness" of the filling).
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Meatless Southwest Wonton Rollups
Makes about 20
1/4 c. chopped red pepper
1/8 c. chopped red onion
1/4 c. thawed sweet corn
1 c. black beans
1/2 c. salsa verde
2-3 Tbsp. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 c. shredded cheddar or pepper jack
1. Saute the red pepper and onion in olive oil.
2. Once the veggies are tender, add the beans, corn, salsa verde, and cream cheese. Heat and mix well.
3. Add the cheese and place the mixture in a separate bowl, or remove the pan from the heat.
4. Place a small spoonful of the mixture into a wonton wrapper, and roll it up.
5. Place the wontons on a lined baking sheet and spray them with cooking spray.
6. Bake on 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the wrappers are browned on the ends.
7. Serve with salsa and enjoy!
Click here to see where I shared this recipe.
Thanks for reading, loves xo