Who knew meatless meals could be so amazing? I love this one. I'm a huge fan of ravioli, Buitoni especially... and what's not to love about white beans and spinach?
This dish was so easy to make, and almost a one-pot meal (aside from having to cook the ravioli in another pot). However, in hindsight, I'm thinking that I probably could have cooked them in the pan (had there been a little more liquid) - kind of like my Spaghetti: Risotto-Style. So many variations in my head... different veggies, different liquids and sauces.... yum! I'm truly enjoying this meatless meal exploration! What's YOUR favorite meatless dish?
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Ravioli with Tomato, White Beans, and Spinach
Adapted from: a Health.com recipe
1 9-oz. package of cheese ravioli
1 14-oz. can of diced tomatoes with liquid
1 15-oz. can white beans, Great Northern
1/2 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
2-3 c. chopped fresh spinach
1/4 c. water
grated Asiago cheese
1. Cook ravioli according to package directions and set aside.
2. In a sauce pan, heat tomatoes, beans, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
3. Add in chopped spinach, reduce heat, and cover the pan to wilt the greens.
4. Add in the pasta and the water and simmer for a few minutes.
5. Top with cheese and parsley.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, pin my pictures, follow me on GFC, or subscribe to my feed! Thanks a million! xoxo