Okay, first let me come clean.... authentic "cake" donuts these are not. However, they are adorable and absolutely delicious! They remind me of mini blueberry muffins. These "donuts" are light, fluffy, and have so many possible variations. I found the little mini donut baking tin at Bed, Bath, and Beyond - it was so cheap and worth every penny! They would make the perfect little brunch addition ... especially in a mini martini glass. Love.
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Mini Baked Blueberry Cake Donuts
Recipe adapted from: Wilton Mini Donut Tin recipe
1 1/4 c. cake flour
1/2 c. organic sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c. fresh, organic blueberries, washed
1 1/2 tbsp. melted butter
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Add the buttermilk. egg, blueberries, and butter. Stir until combined.
3. Fill the donut pan donut molds 1/2 full (trust me)
4. Bake for 4-6 minutes until donuts springs back when touched.
5. Mix powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl. Use as a glazed when donuts have cooled.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love you for to like my Facebook page, subscribe to my feed, pin my pictures, or follow me on GFC! Thanks a million! xoxo