Thursday, March 15, 2012

Improv Cooking Challenge: Three Cheese and Onion Roasted Stacked Potatoes


Hello, my name is Kim, and I'm addicted to potatoes.  But seriously, I've posted more potato recipes recently than any other recipes.  I love them, and most of all,  I love them with cheese.  For this month's Improv Cooking Challenge, I decided to take a potato recipe that I've already created (and adore) and change it a little to include the other ingredient: cheese!  I love these little potato stacks - they are simple to make and they are too cute!  Enjoy!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xoxo,


Three Cheese and Onion Roasted Potato Stacks
Printable recipe

Makes 6-8 stacks


4 medium organic Russet potatoes (peeled or not), sliced as thin and as evenly as possible. 
3-4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
1 small grated onion (use a microplane)
grated cheddar, monterey jack, and pepper jack cheeses 
non-stick spray

1.  Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2.  Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray.
3.  In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, all-purpose seasoning, and grated onion.
4.  Place 4-5 slices of potato in a muffin tin, drizzle a tsp. (or less) of the oil mixture on the potatoes, then add 4 more slices on top.
5.  Top the stack with another drizzle of the oil mixture.
6.  Repeat until potato slices are prepared in muffin tins.
7.  Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees.
8.  Take the muffin tin out of the oven, top with the cheeses and place the tin back into the oven.
9.  Broil on low for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
With peeled potatoes
Thanks for reading, loves xo


14 comments:

Tara said...

This looks so good. Something I could definitely make for my family.

Kate said...

Oh Kim! Patrick requested flank steak for dinner one night next week and I might just have to make these to go along with it! Thanks for sharing!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

GIRL!!! You are a genius putting them in muffin tins. I made something like this but just used parmesan cheese. They didn't look nearly as good as yours!

Lisa~~ said...

I love that these are done in a muffin tin, they look so easy and delicious.

If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my Improv Cooking Challenge entry: Loaded Potato & Buffalo Chicken Casserole

Lisa~~
Cook Lisa Cook

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, and looks yummy. I'd love to combine your idea of the muffin cups with my entry in the Improv Challenge, which uses goat cheese and a mix of sweet potatoes and white potatoes: http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/03/15/march-improv-challenge-potato-goat-cheese-gratin-recip/

Christine said...

I am making this recipe right now. sliced my thumb using the mandolin. fun stuff!

Unknown said...

I will be making this soon - for sure!

Lynn Gardner said...

Kim, I am also addicted to potatoes. Perhaps we should start a Potatoes Anonymous? This month's challenge has been very problematic for me as I want to make pretty much every recipe you all have shared! Your potato stacks are adorable and will go really well with the steak I had planned for my husband's birthday next week.

Cindy said...

This would be a perfect side dish for most any meal. They will be on my menu soon.

Loy said...

I have made your first recipe. We loved them, and they are on regular rotation in my meal plans. I had added some sliced onion when I made mine, but how clever to grate the onion and add some cheese. I will be making this version this weekend.

Robyn said...

Neat idea for preparing and baking potatoes. These look delectable!

Kristen said...

Those are pretty enough to serve to company!

Jessica said...

These are genius and what a presentation! I made something like this last night, but without the cheese, but next time I make them I'm using your technique! Thanks so much for sharing at last week's Meatless Monday :)

Jessica said...

Just wanted to let you know I made a version of this last week and it came out great! So great, I shared it on Meatless Monday today: http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/11/meatless-monday-yummy-side-dishes.html. Thanks again for sharing :)