Sunday, March 11, 2012

Beef Ragu with Pappardelle


I bought a beautiful package of pappardelle noodles at Trader Joe's, but really didn't know what I should do with them.  I decided that I wanted to use them to make something that I wouldn't normally make ... something out of my comfort zone.  Hence, red meat and my slow cooker.  This recipe turned out beautifully.  It was easy, delicious, and the house smelled amazing all day long.  Cheers to stepping out of your comfort zone once in awhile!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
xoxo,


Beef Ragu with Pappardelle
Adapted from:  Absolute Alaia

2 lbs. flank steak (I used Flat Iron)
olive oil
1 large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, diced
1 c. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. red wine
1 1/2 c. beef stock
1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce 
1 bay leaf
pappardelle noodles, prepared and tossed with olive oil
freshly grated parmesan

1.  Cut the steak into strips and brown the meat in a pan with olive oil.
2.  Remove the steak strips and place them into the slow cooker.
3.  Add the remaining ingredients into the slow cooker (except for the noodles and parmesan).

4.  Cook on low for 8 hours.
Optional:  Shred the beef before serving
5.  Top with parmesan on a bed of noodles!

If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, pin my pictures, subscribe to my feed, or follow me on GFC!  Don't forget to follow Blessed Beyond Measure as well!  Thanks a million!  xoxo

9 comments:

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Gah I LOVE noodles! Noodles and cheese are my weaknesses. Nothing is more comforting than a bowl of pasta. I love the idea of steak in the sauce instead of beef or sausage.

annies home said...

I love pasta in fact on my blog right now have a giveaway where a lucky winner will win some pasta http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Simple Living with Diane Balch said...

I've bought those same noodles. I made Fettuccine Alfredo. Your recipe is more interesting. I also like you bio line about every recipe has a story. You might like some of the stories with my recipes. I love connecting foods to memories.

Erika @ One Recipe at a Time said...

This looks yummy! I can't wait to give it a try. I am pinning this to make very soon :)

Kim said...

Oh man, this recipe sounds so good! I love pasta, can't get enough of it. Can't wait to try this.

britt@absolutealaia said...

I'm happy to hear you loved it as much as I do! I'm a huge lover of pappardelle & the ragu just goes perfectly with it!

PERMANENT POSIES said...

That looks so delicious! And, it is so nice to find something a little different. I am going to try it!

Addicted to Recipes said...

Looks great! Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday at Addicted to recipes. Have an awesome day!

Jennifer said...

mmm i think i've seen this on pinterest, it looks really delicious