Monday, September 2, 2013

The Easiest "Lasagna": Ravioli Lasagna


I just can't say it enough ... I adore Cooking Light magazine.  As I was looking through the latest issue, I found this absolutely brilliant "easy lasagna" idea!  Lasagna is one of my favorite things to eat but I'm always so annoyed by the preparation... the noodles stick or tear, the layering can be a pain, and it's such a time-comsuming dish.  Instead of using noodles, ricotta, meat, etc., why not just use prepared ravioli?  Genius!  The ravioli provide the noodles, cheese, and other yummy, flavorful fillings for the dish.  I love Buitoni ravioli (found in the refrigerated case in the store) ... we used the Mushroom Agnolotti (a bit larger than a ravioli and in a half-moon shape) yummmm.  I added fresh spinach and extra cheese between the layers of ravioli and (because I had a little bit of extra time) I made my own slow cooked pasta sauce with ground beef, but feel free to use a jarred sauce to speed up the process!  Enjoy!
Best dishes and yummy dreams...

xo,


The Easiest "Lasagna":  Ravioli Lasagna
Recipe adapted from:  Cooking Light - September 2013

Serves 4-6

2 - 9 oz. containers of fresh ravioli or agnolotti
pasta sauce (either jarred, or homemade)
shredded Italian blend cheese
1 c. fresh spinach, torn


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1.  Cook the ravioli according to package directions.  Set aside.
2.  Spray a glass baking dish with nonstick spray and add a layer of sauce to the bottom of the dish.
3.  Add one layer of the ravioli on top of the sauce.  Sprinkle the shredded cheese and spinach on top of the ravioli.
4.  Add another layer of sauce and ravioli.  Top with cheese and spinach.
5.  Bake for 15-20 minutes.


Enjoy!


Click here to see where I may have shared this recipe.

Thanks for reading, loves xo



2 comments:

Unknown said...

that looks delicious and sounds pretty easy. Will give this a try :) thanks!

Lynn B said...

Now that looks delicious! I am going to try this. My son loves pasta! Have a great weekend, sorry I haven't visited in awhile, I will be back! Hugs, Lynn