My little lady doesn't care much for fish. So, I did what most moms do ... I disguised them as crunchy little sticks for dipping. She loved them and so did we! These are definitely not your typical freezer-section fish stick. This recipe is so simple and delish ... enjoy!
Best dishes and yummy dreams...
Crispy Baked Fish Sticks
2 large filets of wild-caught cod, fresh or thawed
1/2 c. flour
1 Tbsp. all-purpose seasoning (a mixture of salt, pepper, garlic, onion, and parsley)
1 c. panko bread crumbs
1 Tbsp. parsley
1 Tbsp. onion powder, or minced onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cayenne
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F
1. Carefully slice the cod into sticks a little less than an inch wide and set aside.
2. In a shallow dish, combine the flour and all-purpose seasoning.
3. In another shallow dish, whisk the eggs.
4. In a final shallow dish, combine the panko and remaining seasonings.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
6. Dip the cod sticks into the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally coat with the panko mixture.
7. Place the sticks on the baking sheet. Spray the top of the fish sticks with cooking spray to help the panko brown in the oven.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and cooked through, then broil on high for an extra minute to help crisp the fish sticks.
Serve with a dipping sauce of your choice and enjoy!
Thanks for reading, loves xo
Click here to see where I shared this recipe.