Monday, April 15, 2013

Mini Strawberry Banana Muffins


Looking for a lightened up muffin recipe?  These are perfect for the upcoming strawberry season.  This was my first attempt at baking without strictly following a recipe ... baking makes me nervous - way out of my comfort zone.  I started off using this recipe, and then strayed a bit.  I was so excited when they turned out light and yummy.  Maybe I'll try to bake a little more?!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xo,


Mini Strawberry Banana Muffins
-Little Mommy

Makes 18-24 mini muffins


1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 ripe, mashed bananas
2 c. strawberries
1/4 c. sugar
1 c. skim milk
1/2 c. low fat vanilla greek yogurt
1 egg
1/4 c. butter OR oil

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1.  In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
2.  In a separate bowl, mix the mashed bananas, sliced strawberries, sugar, milk, yogurt, egg, and butter or oil.  
3.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. 
4.  Spray a mini muffin pan with nonstick spray and pour the batter into the tins.
5.  Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.  

Thanks for reading, loves xo

Click here to see where I shared this recipe. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These little muffins look delicious! I can't wait to buy some stawberries so I can make them.

Chaya said...

I can't wait for the strawberry season. They add such a nice flavor to a muffin. Thanks for sharing.