Love, love, love a great slow cooker meal that involves chicken. This one is a must try... and the site, Skinnytaste, is a must visit! Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
black pepper or all-purpose seasoning, to taste
1/3 c. low sodium soy sauce
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. tomato paste
3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
1 Tbsp. water
1 tsp. sesame oil
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. sriracha
1 heaping Tbsp. of cornstarch
1/4 c. water
1. Sprinkle the chicken with pepper, or all-purpose seasoning, and place it into the slow cooker.
2. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, vinegar, garlic cloves, water (1 Tbsp.), oil, onion powder, and sriracha. Stir to combine.
3. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.
4. Remove the chicken (leaving the sauce in the slow cooker) and shred the chicken.
5. In a small dish, combine the cornstarch with the 1/4 c. water and pour it into the sauce in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until the sauce thickens.
6. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker to warm and mix with the sauce.
7. Top with sesame seeds and scallions.
Thanks for reading, loves xo
Click here to see where I shared this recipe!