I adore Chinese takeout. But let's be honest ... I have no idea what's hiding in my delicious takeout and if I did, I'd probably never eat it again. Lately, I make most of our Chinese-inspired dishes at home - and I love it this way. Yes - I fried these egg rolls, so they aren't super-healthy, but I do know each and every ingredient that went into the dish. Love.
What's your favorite "takeout fakeout" dish?
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Shrimp and Vegetable Egg Rolls
- A Little Mommy original
Makes 10-12 egg rolls
1 package of shredded cabbage (4 cups)
1 c. shredded carrots
1 can of sliced water chestnuts
1 c. minced mushrooms
1/8 c. soy sauce
1/8 c. seafood stock
3 Tbsp. duck sauce
2 tsp. Tiger Sauce
1 tsp. oyster sauce
1 tsp. Sriracha
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1 pound of fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined, and chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 scallions, diced
egg roll wrappers
1. Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil in a wok. Once the oil is heated, add the cabbage, carrots, water chestnuts, and mushrooms. Saute until tender.
2. In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, stock, duck sauce, Tiger Sauce, oyster sauce, sriracha, and sesame oil. Pour this mixture into the wok.
3. Sprinkle the shrimp with all-purpose seasoning. Add the garlic, shrimp, and scallions. Stir fry 1-2 minutes, or until the shrimp are cooked through. Transfer the mixture to a glass bowl.
4. Wrap two spoonfuls of the mixture inside of each egg roll wrapper.
2 cooking options:
1. Place on a lined baking sheet, spray with cooking spray and broil to crisp the wrappers.
2. Pan fry in oil to crisp the wrappers.
Thanks for reading, loves xo
Click here to see where I shared this recipe.