Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Healthier Pancakes: Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes and Blueberry Flax Pancakes


I love the summer.  The absolute best thing about it is the time I get to spend at home with my favorite little sidekick.  The first day I was home, I made her these blueberry pancakes.  Pancakes are always a hit with her, so I make a bunch and freeze them.  My favorite are the banana pancakes - they don't even need syrup.  Happy Summer!
Best dishes and yummy dreams.

xo,

Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes with Wheat Germ
Makes 6-8 Pancakes

1 ripe, mashed banana
2 tsp. wheat germ
2/3 c. skim milk
1 c. Bisquick Heart Smart mix
1 large egg white
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips

Heat a griddle/pan over medium heat.
1.  Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. 
2.  Pour desired amount on pan/griddle and wait until the pancake bubbles to flip.


Blueberry Flax Pancakes
Makes 6-8 Pancakes

2/3 c. skim milk
1 c. Bisquick Heart Smart
1 large egg white
1 tbsp. ground flax seed
1 tbsp. honey
3/4 c. - 1/2 c. thawed blueberries 

Thanks for reading!  Enjoy! xo


5 comments:

Lynn said...

Hi Kim, those do look yummy! My grandson, Hagen loves pancakes. He is such a picky eater (7), I am going to cook this receipe the next time he's over to visit. Thanks for the posting, Hugs, Lynn

Nicole {WonkyWonderful} said...

These pancakes look delicious! Found you on the trick or treat link up & now following. Have a great week :)

Carole said...

And you say they are healthy!

I found you via the Tuesday Talent Show from Chef in Training
I have linked up a simple little cheese and cracker plate
Have a super week.

Aimee said...

These look so good and healthy! Thanks for sharing, found you from InsideBruCrew!

Carrie {My Favorite Finds} said...

Those look great! I need to work flax into our diet more. Thanks for sharing at Must Try MOnday.