Monday, May 7, 2012

Crazy Cooking Challenge: Pizza Grilled Cheese


Two of my favorite things in one:  pizza (which I could eat everyday) and grilled cheese - yum!  When I discovered this Pizza Grilled Cheese at Forkful of Comfort, I wondered why I hadn't thought of it before - genius!  There are endless possibilities ... different meats, different veggies, a mix of cheeses!  We adored this and I hope that you will too!
Check out some of the other awesome grilled cheese finds in this month's Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge!
Photobucket
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
xoxo,



Pizza Grilled Cheese
Recipe adapted from:  Forkful of Comfort

slices of bread (I used Ecce Panis, Country White)
melted, unsalted butter
slices of mozzarella, or your choice of cheeses
sliced pepperoni, or prosciutto 
spinach, any other diced veggies
dried oregano
pizza, or pasta sauce for dipping

1.  Spread the slices of bread with the melted butter (on one side).
2.  Place one slice of bread buttered-side down in a heated pan.  
3.  Add the cheese, meat, oregano, and veggies.
4.  Top with another slice of bread (buttered side facing up).
5.  Toast one side, then flip the sandwich and toast the other side until the cheese is melted.
6.  Heat the pasta sauce and serve with the sandwich for dipping.

Thanks for reading! xo

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Pizza Grilled Cheese are ALWAYS A WINNER ;-) I love that you sliced up the pepperoni.

Happy CCC!

Unknown said...

I featured the same recipe, but I love how you added some spinach. Totally doing that next time!!

Lynn B said...

Yum! You always have the BEST! Hugs, Lynn

Debbi Does Dinner Healthy said...

The bread looks awesome for dipping in pizza sauce! My kids would love this, they probably would even eat the spinach!

Tara @ Crock-Pot Ladies said...

I am with you- pizza and grilled cheese all the way! And I also love that you added spinach (eat your veggies kids!). Another great entry in the CCC

Unknown said...

Why have I never had one of these, will be fixing that soon, love the spinach added in!

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

We made the same sandwich for the challenge. Your grilled cheese looks wonderful. I like that you added vegetables to your, great idea.
#83

Jennifer said...

I love pizza!

Jen #40