This recipe is a fab way to have a little "Italian" treat with minimal work. I was super surprised to see how tender the chicken turned out (I'm always slightly scared of chicken breast in the slow cooker). I tried to lighten the recipe but a tiny bit with a few small changes (although it's just as delish following the original recipe!). Buon appetito!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
Recipe adapted from: Siggy Spice
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 c. Italian bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated parmesan
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. flour
2 egg whites and 1/2 yolk, beaten
4 sliced of light mozzarella, or 1 1/2 c. of shredded mozzarella
1 jar of pasta sauce (I used Emeril's Chunky Marinara)
cooked whole grain noodles
1. Trim and rinse the chicken breasts, pat dry.
2. Pour the olive oil into the slow cooker and turn it on low.
3. Mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt, and pepper together in a shallow dish.
4. Place the flour in a shallow dish and the egg in a separate shallow dish.
5. Coat the chicken in flour, then dip into the egg mixture.
6. Coat the chicken with the bread crumb mixture and place it into the slow cooker.
7. Place the mozzarella on top of the chicken breasts.
8. Coat everything with the pasta sauce.
9. Allow the chicken to cook on low for 5-6 hours. (Check at 5 hours - it may be ready.)
10. Serve on top of a bed of noodles!
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, follow me on GFC, pin my pictures, or subscribe to my feed! Thanks a million! xoxo