So, my goal was to find a yummy, and healthy scallop recipe for a friend. Yummy? Yes. Healthy? Not so much ... but hey, it could be worse. I lightened up the alfredo, but what's a scallop dish without butter? This is the perfect recipe for a little date night! Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Baked Scallops with Spinach Mushroom Alfredo
Baked Scallops adapted from: John Bragg
Alfredo sauce: Little Mommy
3 tbsp. melted butter
1 lb. bay scallops
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried parsley
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. grated parmesan
Spinach Mushroom Alfredo Sauce
1 tbsp. unsalted butter
1 tbsp. flour
2 c. chicken stock, or seafood stock
1/2 - 1 c. 1% milk
1 clove minced garlic
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. parsley
sautéed mushrooms and spinach
Preparing the dish:
1. Set the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix the bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, parsley, minced garlic, and parmesan in a small bowl.
3. Place the melted butter in a 2 quart baking dish.
4. Place the scallops in the baking dish and top them with the bread crumb mixture.
1. In a sauce pan, melt the tbsp. of butter and stir in the flour.
2. Once thoroughly combined, pour in 1 c. chicken stock and allow the sauce to simmer and thicken.
3. Pour the milk, the rest of the chicken stock, and spices into the sauce. Add the sautéed mushrooms and spinach.
4. Allow the mixture to heat through, then pour over noodles and top with scallops.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, subscribe to my feed, pin my pictures, or follow me on GFC. Thanks a million! xoxo