I adore lasagna rolls - they are such a great (and easy!) comfort dish for entertaining. I think that our special addition, a slow-cooked, homemade pasta sauce, truly enhances the dish. After the sauce spends all day in the slow cooker, it smells and tastes absolutely amazing! Sometimes I bake the rolls without the sauce and add it before serving, and other times I bake them with the sauce (Side note: The noodles will absorb a good amount of sauce, so keep some on reserve if you bake them with the sauce.) Share this dish with the ones that you love, they will love it too! Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Adapted from: G. Dowell in a Taste of Home magazine
1 box of regular lasagna noodles
1 large container of low fat ricotta cheese
2 cups of italian cheese (shredded)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. parsley
1 (or more) tsp. Italian-blend seasoning
pepperoni or prosciutto (optional)
1. Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions in water, olive oil, and salt. Separate and set aside.
2. Mix remaining ingredients together (except for optional meats).
3. Spread mixture on a lasagna noodle, then top with meat.
4. Roll up the lasagna noodle and place in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Top with sauce and freshly grated Parmigiano, or Romano cheeses.
6. Bake on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
7. If you saved the sauce, then top with sauce and serve!
Thanks for reading, loves! xo