I've been a french fry junkie as long as I can remember. What's not to love? Crunchy, golden, hot, potatoe-y goodness! I always make "healthy" fries at home though because keeping food relatively healthy at home allows us to splurge...without a lot of guilt...when we go out. At home, the trick is getting the taste as close to the "real" fried thing as possible. I've made so many oven-baked potatoes and am always looking for recipes with a tiny twist. I saw this recipe and the garlic and chives caught my eye. What a simple and great idea! I changed the recipe and added A LOT more garlic - delish! My husband and I always fight over them - can't ever make enough!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Garlic Baked Fries with Chives
Adapted from: Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking Magazine
Serves 2-3 people
2-3 large russet potatoes
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
3-4 tbsp. of fresh or dried mined chives
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 grated garlic cloves
2 freshly minced garlic cloves
1 tsp. salt
Set the oven to 450 degrees.
1. Cut the potatoes into 1/4 inch thick "fry" slices.
2. Rinse and pat them dry.
3. Place them in a ziplock bag and add olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, grated and minced garlic.
4. Toss them with the olive oil and spices to mix thoroughly.
5. Place the fries on a pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, or on parchment paper.
6. Sprinkle the salt on the top and bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
7. Turn the half way through.
You may want to shorten the time and broil them for the last two minutes.
If you enjoyed this recipe, I'd love for you to like my Facebook page, follow me on GFC, pin my pictures, or subscribe to my feed! Thanks a million! xoxo