I prefer making these pot pies in little ramekins so that the dish is portioned and everyone gets the same amount of topping (my favorite) and vegetable "goodies". The ramekins are great too because they come with little lids - quick and easy way to store leftovers!
Please enjoy this lighter version of a heart-warming, classic dish!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Skinny Mini Chicken Pot Pies
1 package of boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (1-2 lbs.)
(*Shortcut: use a shredded rotisserie chicken)
2 garlic cloves, minced
28 oz. package of frozen mixed vegetables
24-32 oz. of chicken stock
1/2 c. flour
1 c. skim milk
1 small onion, chopped
1 can of refrigerated reduced fat croissant dough
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
sprinkle of cayenne
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Sprinkle all-purpose seasoning on chicken tenders and saute in a nonstick pan until cooked through.
2. Remove chicken and allow to cool. When cooled, shred and set aside.
3. In a sauce pot, place frozen vegetables enough stock to almost cover the veggies.
4. Add sliced onions to the veggies and boil on medium heat until the veggies are tender.
5. In a small container with a lid, add skim milk, flour, and spices. Shake to combine.
6. Add the milk and flour mixture to the pot of veggies.
7. Add the shredded chicken to the pot and stir.
8. Allow the mixture to cook for about 2 minutes, add more stock if mixture is too thick.
9. Spray ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and pour veggie and chicken mixture into the ramekins.
10. Top each veggie mixture with one sheet of croissant dough (you can slice the dough into a design if you'd like).
11. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the topping has browned.
Thanks for reading, loves xo