Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Best Baked Meatballs


In my humble foodie opinion, there isn't a better way to make a meatball than to bake it in the oven.  The flavors are so perfect, and not overtaken by sauce or oil.  The outside is crispy and the inside is perfectly moist - meatball heaven.  The secret is not only baking the meatballs, but also adding milk.  Love, love, love.
I have to admit - this recipe was one that I thought I'd never share.  Mostly because I don't usually measure the ingredients and because it's one of favorite dishes (I was always told not to give away every kitchen secret...).  Then I got to thinking about my purpose for this blog ... my aim is to share wonderful recipes.  Why wouldn't I share my favorite?  So, my New Year's gift to you, my foodie friends.  Enjoy!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xo,

The Best Baked Meatballs
-Little Mommy


Makes 40 meatballs 

olive oil
1 large carrot, chopped
1 sweet onion, diced
1/2 stalk of celery, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound lean ground beef (93/7) or a combination of ground meats of your choice
1 egg
1 c. bread crumbs
3/4 c. skim milk
1/2 c. shredded parmesan 
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. parsley
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning blend
sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.

Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
1.  In a nonstick pan, heat olive oil and saute carrot, onion, and celery until tender.
2.  Add garlic during the last minute of sauteing.  Then set the pan aside to allow the ingredients to cool.
3.  In a large bowl, add the ground beef, egg, sauteed veggies, and remaining ingredients.  
4.  Mix the ingredients by hand until they are throughly combined. 
5.  Roll the mixture into golf ball sized meatballs.
6.  Place the meatballs on the parchment paper and bake for 25 minutes.

Meatball and Mozzarella Calzone using this dough recipe. Yum!

Enjoy!


Click here to see where I shared this recipe.

Thanks for reading, loves xo





No comments: