I try to spend one day a week meatless and sometimes it's difficult to find great meatless recipes (if you have some great ones, send them my way please!). So, I was so excited to stumble upon this recipe - I immediately knew that I wouldn't miss the meat.
Perfection! Even amazing the next day, which is rare when considering fried foods. Totally worth the splurge!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Wild Mushroom Egg Rolls
-adapted from Tyler Florence on foodnetwork.com
Makes 8 egg rolls
olive oil - about 2 Tbsp.
1 tsp. powdered ginger, or 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
3 minced garlic cloves
2 sliced scallions
2 c. sliced wild mushrooms (I used shiitake and crimini)
2 c. shredded cabbage
1/2 c. sliced water chestnuts
2 sliced carrots
1 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
Canola oil, for frying
egg roll wrappers
1. Heat olive oil in a wok and stir in garlic, ginger, and scallions.
2. Add the mushrooms, cabbage, water chestnuts, and carrots. Cook until cabbage is wilted.
3. Add the hoisin and oyster sauces and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Heat a frying pan with an inch or two of canola oil.
5. Set the wok mixture aside and get the egg roll wrappers.
6. Place 2 heaping Tbsp. of the wok mixture into the egg roll wrapper, roll, fold, and seal the edges with water.
6. Fry the egg rolls in the frying pan, periodically turning to crisp all of the sides.
Mustard Dipping Sauce
1/2 c. dijon mustard
1/4 c. hot water
1/4 c. rice vinegar
1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
2 Tbsp. sugar
1. Mix all ingredients together until sugar dissolves.
Thanks for reading, loves xo