I'd love to start doing one meatless day each week. Not only does it save money, but I feel like our society regularly eats too much meat ... especially red meat. Bean burritos are so easy to make, they're packed with protein, and even seem pretty meaty.
Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Spicy Bean and Rice Burritos
1 15-oz. can pinto beans
1 15-oz. can black beans
1/2 can medium-spiced Rotel
1 tsp. minced chipotle in adobo sauce
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/4 c. homemade taco seasoning
3/4 c. vegetable broth
1/2 c. salsa
1 c. rice - prepared with 1 tbsp. lime juice and 1 tbsp. cilantro
1-2 tbsp. olive oil
1. In a sauce pan, combine beans, Rotel, chipotle, garlic, taco seasoning, broth, and salsa.
2. Simmer until mixture thickens.
3. Place the mixture in a tortilla, add rice and cheese into the burrito and wrap.
4. Heat the olive oil in a pan.
5. Toast the burritos until the tortilla is crunchy, repeat after flipping.
6. Top with optional topping ingredients.
Thanks for reading, loves xo