Monday, August 22, 2011

Some things are just too yummy not to share: Grilled Fajita Marinade Recipe


I love to grill...wait, I don't grill.  I love to eat grilled food, but my husband does the grilling.  I would do it... I just can't seem to turn the grill on properly and it frightens me...a little bit...or a lot.  So, tonight WE made some yummy grilled chicken fajitas.  I used to make these particular chicken fajitas using KC Masterpiece Caribbean Jerk Marinade.  I don't have a problem with the taste of the marinade, but when looking at the bottle - I couldn't identify most of the ingredients...problem.  Here's my "natural" take on this yummy marinade -  it's the perfect recipe for a great grilling night!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xoxo,



Little Mommy's Grilled Chicken Fajita Marinade

1 package of fresh chicken breast tenderloins
2 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. of white vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. molasses (great source of calcium!)
1 tsp. Sriracha 
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
Splash of lemon or lime juice

*Optional addition- fresh pineapple

Mix all of the ingredients (aside from the chicken) together and pour it into a large ziplock bag.
Add the chicken into the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours.
Put the tenderloins on skewers and grill them, turning and adding leftover marinade as needed.

We eat ours with sauteed peppers and onions...enjoy!

4 comments:

Miz Helen said...

I am so excited that you stopped by to have tea with me, and of course I had to come right over to enjoy your wonderful Chicken Fajita's. They look delicious. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for sharing. Hope to see you again real soon!
Miz Helen

Little Mommy Kim said...

Thank you Miz Helen! I really enjoyed visiting your site - I added you to my links on my page. Thank you!

MissieLee said...

I enjoy doing those "joint" meals on the grill.

But give grilling yourself a go sometime -- I did, and I really enjoy it. :-) Now hubby and I take turns -- when he doesn't feel like grilling or is involved in something else, I just pop out to the grill and do it myself. :-)

Carole said...

Hi there. This week's Food on Friday is all about rubs and marinades as a way of preparing food for cooking. So it would be great if you linked this in. This is the link . Have a good week.