Don’t read this if you are looking for your mother’s recipes: casseroles, roasts, “meat and potatoes” and whatnot. Browse other blogs if you’re hoping to see slightly pretentious, trend-setting food … a deconstructed egg roll with a micro-green (microscopic) salad, blah, blah blah. I am not a tree-hugging, natural, organic food nazi. I just love food… I love trying new foods, I love fresh foods, I love healthy foods (and some unhealthy), most of all – I love making food. I live for a bring-you-to-your-knees, close-to-heaven dining experience. Making food for my family fills my soul and I’d love to share some of my favorite recipes, tips, and tricks. Here is what I am about:
1. I love fresh fruits and vegetables. Just not fresh tomatoes…I know, I try, but just can’t do it.
2. I buy some organics (mostly the “dirty dozen”..although have you noticed an organic pepper is $4.00??? I think I’ll risk the toxins.)
3. I try to avoid canned, prepackaged foods. The only cans you’ll find in my kitchen are beans and some tomatoes. Yes– I can tolerate a canned tomato in a recipe…weird.
4. I try to make meals as healthy as possible, without sacrificing flavor, or taste. I believe in “sneaking a vegetable in” dishes for adults..not just kids.
5. I have a little one… and I made over 50% of her baby food, so I love to chat about that and her ever-changing tastes and food experiences.
6. I also love to eat out (hey – the cook needs a break too!). New places and new dishes intrigue and inspire my cooking at home.
Preparing meals for my family is my way of providing for them. I love to set a meal in front of them and know (almost) exactly where it came from and how it was prepared. I love being able to have control of ingredients and creativity. I am a little mommy with a big appetite. Here’s to best dishes and yummy dreams!