Best dishes and yummy dreams!
Recipe adapted from: Cooking Light
1 package of chicken breast tenderloins (1 - 1 1/2 lb.)
Prepared masala sauce (I used Patak's Tikka Masala Curry Cooking Sauce)
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder (I used Spice Islands)
3/4 tsp. cumin
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 c. petite diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
1 c. uncooked basmati rice
1/3 c. golden raisins
1 3/4 to 2 c. chicken broth or stock
chopped parsley, or cilantro
1. In a small bowl, soak the rice in water as you prepare the chicken.
2. Prepare the chicken with the masala sauce (I grilled mine on skewers, but you could cook them in a pan on the stove top, or in the oven.)
3. In a large pan, heat the oil and add the onion and jalapeno. Saute for 5-10 minutes.
4. Add the ginger, curry powder, cumin, and garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
5. Drain the water from the bowl of rice. Add the tomato, rice, raisins, and broth to the pan and bring it to a boil.
6. Cover and lower the heat. Simmer the mixture for about 15 minutes, or until rice is tender. Add more broth if rice starts sticking to the pan.
7. Plate the dish and add the parsley, or cilantro, almonds, and lime wedges. Top with the chicken cooked in the masala.
Click here to see where I shared this recipe.
Thanks for reading, friends! xo