Sunday, October 28, 2012

Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Shredded Pork Tacos


I'm pretty convinced that you could put just about anything in a slow cooker with a lean pork tenderloin and it will turn out amazing.  I love a slow-cooked pork tenderloin, with a brown sugar balsamic glaze, with a spicy barbecue sauce, and now with this tasty mexican twist!  These tacos are such a great way to spice up the usual beef or chicken "taco nights" - we love them!
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xo,


Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Shredded Pork Tacos
Inspired by: Chef In Training

Serves 4


1.5 pound lean pork tenderloin roast
2 minced garlic cloves
2 c. salsa verde (I use Pace Garlic Lime Salsa Verde)
1/3 c. mild Rotel (no liquid)

tortilla shells 
optional toppings

1.  Combine the taco seasoning with the minced garlic and rub it onto the pork roast.
2.  Place the roast in the slow cooker.
3.  Top the roast with the salsa verde and Rotel. 
4.  Cook on low heat for 4-5 hours. 
5.  Remove the pork and use a fork to shred it in a serving dish.  Top the shredded pork with the liquid from the slow cooker.
6.  Place the shredded pork in a heated tortilla and top with optional toppings!

Enjoy!



Click here to see where I shared this recipe!

Thanks for reading, loves xo





4 comments:

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

This sounds soooo delish!!! I love pork tenderloin, too, and I have two in my freezer right now.

Morsels of Life | CJ Huang said...

I'm a fan of salsa verde, and these pork tacos sound so tasty! Thanks for linking up with us on Must Try Monday. :)

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds said...

These look great. I have added shredded pork to tacos in lieu of chicken before, and it turned out awesome. I agree, slow cooked pork is wonderful. Thanks for sharing at Must Try Monday.

Cindy said...

This looks delicious, it will be on the menu this week. I need to check out the balsamic glazed one also!