Sunday, August 26, 2012

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've had these cookies bookmarked on my computer for almost a year ... shows you how often I make cookies.  I saw them all over Pinterest and on several blogs.  There's definitely a reason for all of the "face time" they received!  I'm not usually a huge "cookie girl," but I quickly devoured ate five after I made them.  Total deliciousness.  They're helping me get over my back-to-school blues and getting me excited for the holiday cookie season!  What's your favorite cookie?
Best dishes and yummy dreams!

xo,

Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe featured on:  Eat Cake for Dinner

Printable recipe

Makes 30-40 cookies

3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. chocolate chips
Optional: add peanut butter chips 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1.  Cream butter, both sugars, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth. 
2.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
3.  Slowly pour the dry mixture into the wet ingredients and combine.  
4.  Add the chocolate chips. 
5.  Chill the mixture for 30 minutes. 
6.  On a lined cookie sheet, place a scoop (1-2 Tbsp. amount) of cookie dough.
7.  Bake for 8-10 minutes (check at 8 minutes - do not let them turn brown or over bake!).

Enjoy!
Thanks for reading, loves xo

6 comments:

Christine said...

I made this following your recipe and they turned out GREAT! I froze most of the cookie dough so we can make several batches. I hope they turn out ok. Any suggestions with the frozen dough? Cook them longer? Let them thaw first? Thanks!

Little Mommy Kim said...

I'm SO glad you enjoyed them!!! I've read that you can thaw cookie dough (but only if you need to to do to cut it).. otherwise, you can bake them frozen, but add 2 minutes to the cooking time. I've never tried it, so I'd be more likely to thaw first just in case!! xo

Niki said...

Soft and chewy is my favorite style for chocolate chip cookies. These look fantastic!!

Dawn @ Words Of Deliciousness said...

Your chocolate chip cookies look wonderful. I love a soft and chewy cookie, yum!

Jessica said...

Those look perfect! I will have to try your method! I'm stopping by via C&C's Mealtime Monday hop :) I'm having a hop at my blog too if you'd like to share this there :0

Jessica
http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

those do look seriously good - I bet they make great lunch box treats:)